- FISV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $77.8 million.
- FISV has traded 52,591 shares today.
- FISV traded in a range 275.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.04.
- FISV traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 26 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 26 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FISV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FISV NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 21.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, FISV's share price has jumped by 27.67%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- FISERV INC's earnings per share declined by 13.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FISERV INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.98 versus $2.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.79 versus $2.98).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the IT Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FISERV INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FISERV INC is rather high; currently it is at 50.76%. Regardless of FISV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 13.75% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Fiserv Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.