- BMRN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $161.5 million.
- BMRN traded 17,965 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:53 AM.
- BMRN is up 5.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BMRN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BMRN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BMRN: BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals for serious diseases and medical conditions in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and internationally. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Biomarin Pharmaceutical a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Biomarin Pharmaceutical has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Biomarin has a market cap of $18.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 28.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Biomarin Pharmaceutical as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 21.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- BMRN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.52, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.30%. Regardless of BMRN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BMRN's net profit margin of -33.20% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.92 versus -$1.29 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 152.7% in earnings (-$2.33 versus -$0.92).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 77.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$38.12 million to -$67.50 million.
- You can view the full Biomarin Pharmaceutical Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.