- AKRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $141.2 million.
- AKRX is down 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AKRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AKRX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AKRX: Akorn, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals, as well as animal and over-the-counter (OTC) consumer health products in the United States and internationally. It operates through two segments, Prescription Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Health. AKRX has a PE ratio of 126.5. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Akorn a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Akorn has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Akorn has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 18.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Akorn as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AKRX's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 168.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 105.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $16.68 million to $34.23 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $16.65 million or 11.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AKORN INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -44.88%.
- The gross profit margin for AKORN INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.81%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, AKRX's net profit margin of 15.02% significantly trails the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 107.14% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 65.10% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Akorn Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.