- SCTY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $167.3 million.
- SCTY is down 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SCTY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SCTY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SCTY: SolarCity Corporation designs, manufactures, installs, maintains, monitors, leases, and sells solar energy systems to residential, commercial, government, and other customers in the United States. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate SolarCity a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for SolarCity has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SolarCity has a market cap of $6.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.97 and a short float of 31.8% with 6.71 days to cover. Shares are up 15.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SolarCity as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow, poor profit margins, generally high debt management risk and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electrical Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 113.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $26.69 million to -$3.56 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$135.52 million or 1507.93% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for SOLARCITY CORP is rather low; currently it is at 20.84%. Regardless of SCTY's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SCTY's net profit margin of -4.95% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.08 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, SCTY's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.26, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- SOLARCITY CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SOLARCITY CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.63 versus -$0.81 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 883.3% in earnings (-$6.20 versus -$0.63).
- You can view the full SolarCity Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.