- PXD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $287.6 million.
- PXD is down 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PXD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PXD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PXD: Pioneer Natural Resources Company engages in the exploration and production of oil and gas in the United States. The company produces and sells oil, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. PXD has a PE ratio of 24.0. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Pioneer Natural Resources a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pioneer Natural Resources has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pioneer Natural has a market cap of $25.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.75 and a short float of 6% with 4.96 days to cover. Shares are up 15.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pioneer Natural Resources as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 33.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO is rather high; currently it is at 62.70%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 44.15% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.94 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- PXD has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 10.61% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- You can view the full Pioneer Natural Resources Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.