- UFS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $37.5 million.
- UFS has traded 233,030 shares today.
- UFS traded in a range 200.8% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.91.
- UFS traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 4 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 4 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UFS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UFS NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.94 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Paper & Forest Products industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DOMTAR CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Despite the weak revenue results, UFS has outperformed against the industry average of 15.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- DOMTAR CORP's earnings per share declined by 6.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DOMTAR CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.64 versus $1.37 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 54.1% in earnings ($3.05 versus $6.64).
- You can view the full Domtar Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.