- DTV has 13x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 4.55 mentions/day.
- DTV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $259.6 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DTV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DTV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DTV: DIRECTV, a digital television entertainment company, engages in the direct-to-home (DTH) business in the United States and Latin America. It acquires, promotes, sells, and distributes digital entertainment programming primarily through satellite to residential and commercial subscribers. DTV has a PE ratio of 16.7. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Directv a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Directv has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Directv has a market cap of $45.6 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 2.2% with 3.81 days to cover. Shares are up 4.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Directv as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- DIRECTV reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DIRECTV increased its bottom line by earning $5.42 versus $5.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.00 versus $5.42).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,643.00 million or 19.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Media industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 4.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $810.00 million to $778.00 million.
- You can view the full Directv Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.