- COT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.3 million.
- COT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- COT has a PE ratio of 89.3.
- COT is mentioned 0.77 times per day on StockTwits.
- COT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- COT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- COT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- COT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- COT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COT NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on COT: Cott Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, produces and sells beverages on behalf of retailers, brand owners, and distributors worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. COT has a PE ratio of 89.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Cott a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cott has been 619,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cott has a market cap of $832.8 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.63 and a short float of 2.1% with 3.08 days to cover. Shares are up 29.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cott as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Beverages industry. The net income increased by 269.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$11.50 million to $19.50 million.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.60 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, COT has a quick ratio of 0.60, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Beverages industry and the overall market, COTT CORP QUE's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Cott Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.