- NEM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $194.4 million.
- NEM traded 37,400 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:29 AM.
- NEM is up 3.1% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NEM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NEM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NEM: Newmont Mining Corporation operates in the mining industry. It primarily acquires, develops, explores for, and produces gold, copper, and silver deposits. The company's operations and/or assets are located in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, and New Zealand. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. NEM has a PE ratio of 21.7. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Newmont Mining a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for Newmont Mining has been 7.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Newmont has a market cap of $13.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 0.08 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.33 days to cover. Shares are up 40.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Newmont Mining as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 18.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- 46.60% is the gross profit margin for NEWMONT MINING CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.27% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, NEWMONT MINING CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- NEM's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.62 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.11 is sturdy.
- You can view the full Newmont Mining Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.