- LULU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $82.6 million.
- LULU is up 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LULU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LULU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LULU: lululemon athletica inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and distributes athletic apparel and accessories for women, men, and female youth. It operates through two segments, Corporate-Owned Stores and Direct To Consumer. LULU has a PE ratio of 38.3. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Lululemon Athletica a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lululemon Athletica has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lululemon has a market cap of $8.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.35 and a short float of 13.7% with 11.62 days to cover. Shares are up 13.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lululemon Athletica as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LULU's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- LULU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.24, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 38.55% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 1.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $109.69 million to $110.85 million.
- The gross profit margin for LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC is rather high; currently it is at 54.22%. Regardless of LULU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LULU's net profit margin of 18.39% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Lululemon Athletica Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.