- THC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $71.8 million.
- THC is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in THC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for THC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on THC: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, a healthcare services company, primarily operates acute care hospitals and related healthcare facilities in the United States. It operates through two segments, Hospital Operations and Other, and Conifer. THC has a PE ratio of 140.8. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Tenet Healthcare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tenet Healthcare has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tenet Healthcare has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.42 and a short float of 8.8% with 5.22 days to cover. Shares are down 5.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tenet Healthcare as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TENET HEALTHCARE CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TENET HEALTHCARE CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.32 versus -$1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.96 versus $0.32).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 354.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$24.00 million to $61.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 18.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, TENET HEALTHCARE CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Tenet Healthcare Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.