- PXD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $218.1 million.
- PXD has traded 694,484 shares today.
- PXD traded in a range 248.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $10.37.
- PXD traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 37 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 37 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PXD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PXD NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 33.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO is rather high; currently it is at 62.70%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 44.15% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.94 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES CO's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- PXD has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 10.61% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- You can view the full Pioneer Natural Resources Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.