- PDCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $44.8 million.
- PDCO has traded 1.4 million shares today.
- PDCO traded in a range 209.8% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.72.
- PDCO traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 16 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 16 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PDCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PDCO NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PDCO has a quick ratio of 1.64, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, PATTERSON COMPANIES INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $59.69 million or 5.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, PATTERSON COMPANIES INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 54.82%.
- PATTERSON COMPANIES INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PATTERSON COMPANIES INC reported lower earnings of $1.97 versus $2.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.24 versus $1.97).
- You can view the full Patterson Companies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.