NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of HCA Holdings (HCA - Get Report) are up by 1.28% to $74.45 in late morning trading on Monday, as the hospital and related health care entities operator prepares to release its 2015 first quarter earnings results before the market open on Tuesday morning.
Analysts are expecting HCA Holdings to post a year-over-year rise in earnings and revenue for the quarter ended March 2015.
The company has been forecast to report earnings of $1.19 per share on revenue of $9.86 billion for the most recent quarter.
Last year, HCA said its adjusted earnings were 84 cents per share on revenue of $8.83 billion for the 2014 first quarter.
HCA is a Nashville, TN.-based holding company that offers health care services in the U.S. HCA runs variety of hospitals and freestanding surgery centers.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates HCA HOLDINGS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate HCA HOLDINGS INC (HCA) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 29.34% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 42.32% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HCA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HCA HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 29.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HCA HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.18 versus $3.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.93 versus $4.18).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 24.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $424.00 million to $527.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 18.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,627.00 million or 32.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, HCA HOLDINGS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 54.82%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HCA Ratings Report