- D has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.65 mentions/day.
- D has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $181.3 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in D with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for D NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on D: Dominion Resources, Inc. produces and transports energy in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Dominion Virginia Power (DVP), Dominion Generation, and Dominion Energy. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. D has a PE ratio of 32.0. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Dominion Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dominion Resources has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dominion has a market cap of $42.2 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.25 and a short float of 1.8% with 4.93 days to cover. Shares are down 6.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dominion Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 113.04% to $1,029.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DOMINION RESOURCES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 48.74%.
- 38.23% is the gross profit margin for DOMINION RESOURCES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.25% trails the industry average.
- DOMINION RESOURCES INC's earnings per share declined by 43.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DOMINION RESOURCES INC reported lower earnings of $2.24 versus $3.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.70 versus $2.24).
- D, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DOMINION RESOURCES INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Dominion Resources Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.