- DLPH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $154.3 million.
- DLPH has traded 108,784 shares today.
- DLPH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DLPH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DLPH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DLPH: Delphi Automotive PLC, together with its subsidiaries, manufacturers vehicle components; and provides electrical and electronic, powertrain, safety, and thermal technology solutions to the automotive and commercial vehicle markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. DLPH has a PE ratio of 18.6. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Delphi Automotive a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Delphi Automotive has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Delphi Automotive has a market cap of $24.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 0.8% with 1.45 days to cover. Shares are up 16% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Delphi Automotive as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Auto Components industry and the overall market, DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC increased its bottom line by earning $4.45 versus $3.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.33 versus $4.45).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC is rather low; currently it is at 22.25%. Regardless of DLPH's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DLPH's net profit margin of 5.50% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Delphi Automotive Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.