- AMCX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.5 million.
- AMCX has traded 43,197 shares today.
- AMCX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMCX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMCX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMCX: AMC Networks Inc. owns and operates various cable television's brands delivering content to audiences, and a platform to distributors and advertisers in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments, National Networks, and International and Other. AMCX has a PE ratio of 21.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate AMC Networks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for AMC Networks has been 619,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. AMC has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 5.8% with 7.30 days to cover. Shares are up 20.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AMC Networks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 40.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 119.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $35.38 million to $77.62 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 363.17% to $113.93 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AMC NETWORKS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 41.37%.
- The gross profit margin for AMC NETWORKS INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.76%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.73% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full AMC Networks Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.