- ABX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $172.5 million.
- ABX traded 15,066 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:21 AM.
- ABX is up 2.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ABX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ABX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ABX: Barrick Gold Corporation produces and sells gold and copper. The company is also involved in exploration and mine development activities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Barrick Gold a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for Barrick Gold has been 14.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Barrick has a market cap of $15.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 25.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Barrick Gold as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $316.00 million or 45.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, BARRICK GOLD CORP has marginally lower results.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.27 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, ABX's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.15, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 25.48%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 37.50% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Metals & Mining industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 35.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $88.00 million to $57.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, BARRICK GOLD CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Barrick Gold Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.