- UNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.4 million.
- UNT has traded 296,936 shares today.
- UNT is down 3.1% today.
- UNT was up 5.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UNT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UNT: Unit Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an oil and natural gas contract drilling company primarily in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Oil and Natural Gas, Contract Drilling, and Mid-Stream. UNT has a PE ratio of 11.9. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Unit a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Unit has been 552,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Unit has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.23 and a short float of 7.2% with 5.56 days to cover. Shares are down 3.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Unit as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UNIT CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNIT CORP reported lower earnings of $2.77 versus $3.80 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 131.4% in earnings (-$0.87 versus $2.77).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 182.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $51.30 million to -$42.55 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, UNIT CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for UNIT CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.78%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -11.24% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $159.47 million or 8.01% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Unit Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.