- EMN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $127.8 million.
- EMN has traded 839,484 shares today.
- EMN traded in a range 207.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.03.
- EMN traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 142 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 142 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EMN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EMN NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO reported lower earnings of $4.94 versus $7.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.05 versus $4.94).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 95.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $346.00 million to $16.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.15 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, EMN has a quick ratio of 0.70, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Eastman Chemical Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.