- COMM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.3 million.
- COMM has traded 341,114 shares today.
- COMM is down 3% today.
- COMM was up 6.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COMM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COMM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on COMM: CommScope Holding Company, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides connectivity and infrastructure solutions for wireless, business enterprise, and residential broadband networks worldwide. The company operates through three segments: Wireless, Enterprise, and Broadband. COMM has a PE ratio of 22.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate CommScope a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for CommScope has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CommScope has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 21.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CommScope as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, COMMSCOPE HOLDING CO INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $127.79 million or 47.84% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, COMMSCOPE HOLDING CO INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -79.46%.
- COMM, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- 36.39% is the gross profit margin for COMMSCOPE HOLDING CO INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of COMM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, COMM's net profit margin of 5.77% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.07 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 2.82, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full CommScope Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.