- WAB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.3 million.
- WAB has traded 125,760 shares today.
- WAB is trading at 7.82 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WAB is trading at a new high 3.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WAB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WAB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WAB: Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation, doing business as Wabtec Corporation, provides technology-based products and services for the freight rail and passenger transit industries worldwide. It operates in two segments, Freight and Transit. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.2%. WAB has a PE ratio of 25.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies has been 504,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Westinghouse Air Brake has a market cap of $9.3 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.27 and a short float of 1.9% with 2.44 days to cover. Shares are up 10.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- WABTEC CORP has improved earnings per share by 19.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WABTEC CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.62 versus $3.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.13 versus $3.62).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 20.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $80.13 million to $96.16 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 31.88% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for WABTEC CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.55%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.74% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.