- EXPE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $147.2 million.
- EXPE has traded 205,064 shares today.
- EXPE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXPE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXPE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXPE: Expedia, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an online travel company in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments, Leisure and Egencia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. EXPE has a PE ratio of 32.7. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Expedia a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Expedia has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Expedia has a market cap of $11.1 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.23 and a short float of 11% with 7.64 days to cover. Shares are up 14.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Expedia as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, EXPE's share price has jumped by 36.47%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EXPE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, EXPEDIA INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for EXPEDIA INC is currently very high, coming in at 79.76%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.86% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Expedia Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.