- AGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.0 million.
- AGEN has traded 59,688 shares today.
- AGEN is up 3.2% today.
- AGEN was down 6.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AGEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AGEN: Agenus Inc., an immunotherapy company, engages in discovering and developing innovative treatments for patients with cancer and other diseases. Its treatments focus on providing therapeutic benefit through modulation of immune function. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Agenus a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Agenus has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Agenus has a market cap of $490.4 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 74.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Agenus as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that net income has been generally deteriorating over time. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AGEN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 36.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 448.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AGEN's share price has jumped by 139.47%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- AGENUS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AGENUS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.67 versus -$1.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.56 versus -$0.67).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 2842.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.64 million to -$18.74 million.
- You can view the full Agenus Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.