- LOW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $319.0 million.
- LOW traded 16,509 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:03 AM.
- LOW is down 3.9% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LOW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LOW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LOW: Lowe's Companies, Inc. operates as a home improvement retailer. The company offers products for maintenance, repair, remodeling, and home decorating. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. LOW has a PE ratio of 26.5. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Lowe's Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lowe's Companies has been 4.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lowe's Companies has a market cap of $68.3 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.32 and a short float of 1% with 1.82 days to cover. Shares are up 4.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lowe's Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LOWE'S COMPANIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LOWE'S COMPANIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.70 versus $2.13 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.30 versus $2.70).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 47.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $306.00 million to $450.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, LOWE'S COMPANIES INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 58.62% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 58.74% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Lowe's Companies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.