- CYN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.7 million.
- CYN has traded 9,037 shares today.
- CYN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CYN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CYN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CYN: City National Corporation operates as the bank holding company for City National Bank that provides banking, investment, and trust services to small to mid-sized businesses, entrepreneurs, professionals, and affluent individuals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. CYN has a PE ratio of 23.5. Currently there are no analysts that rate City National a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for City National has been 455,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. City has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 16.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates City National as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CYN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CITY NATIONAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 15.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CITY NATIONAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.26 versus $3.99 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.43 versus $4.26).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income increased by 19.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $55.11 million to $65.96 million.
- The gross profit margin for CITY NATIONAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 98.23%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.64% is above that of the industry average.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full City National Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.