- CSIQ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.8 million.
- CSIQ has traded 1.4 million shares today.
- CSIQ traded in a range 219.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.08.
- CSIQ traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 210 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 210 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSIQ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSIQ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSIQ: Canadian Solar Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and sells solar wafers, cells, and solar module products worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Module and Project. CSIQ has a PE ratio of 8.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Canadian Solar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Canadian Solar has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian Solar has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.59 and a short float of 9.7% with 2.72 days to cover. Shares are up 50.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Canadian Solar as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CSIQ's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 84.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, CANADIAN SOLAR INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 261.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $20.95 million to $75.74 million.
- You can view the full Canadian Solar Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.