- DTV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $249.9 million.
- DTV has traded 509,476 shares today.
- DTV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DTV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DTV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DTV: DIRECTV, a digital television entertainment company, engages in the direct-to-home (DTH) business in the United States and Latin America. It acquires, promotes, sells, and distributes digital entertainment programming primarily through satellite to residential and commercial subscribers. DTV has a PE ratio of 16.6. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Directv a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for Directv has been 2.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Directv has a market cap of $45.2 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 2.2% with 3.98 days to cover. Shares are up 3.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Directv as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- DIRECTV reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DIRECTV increased its bottom line by earning $5.42 versus $5.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.99 versus $5.42).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,643.00 million or 19.42% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Media industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 4.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $810.00 million to $778.00 million.
- You can view the full Directv Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.