- CLDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $56.1 million.
- CLDX has traded 1.6 million shares today.
- CLDX traded in a range 212.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.83.
- CLDX traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 6 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 6 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLDX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLDX: Celldex Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops, manufactures, and commercializes novel therapeutics for human health care in the United States. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Celldex Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Celldex Therapeutics has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Celldex has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.36 and a short float of 20.8% with 7.82 days to cover. Shares are up 63.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Celldex Therapeutics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC reported poor results of -$1.32 versus -$1.03 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 7.6% in earnings (-$1.42 versus -$1.32).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 44.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$22.06 million to -$31.82 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CELLDEX THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$22.21 million or 48.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CLDX's share price has jumped by 103.33%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in CLDX do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Celldex Therapeutics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.