- ROP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $76.0 million.
- ROP has traded 8,562 shares today.
- ROP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ROP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ROP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ROP: Roper Industries, Inc., a diversified technology company, designs and develops software (both license and software-as-a-service), and engineered products and solutions for healthcare, transportation, food, energy, water, education, and academic research markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. ROP has a PE ratio of 26.4. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Roper Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Roper Industries has been 415,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Roper has a market cap of $17.0 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 0.48 and a short float of 1.7% with 3.35 days to cover. Shares are up 8.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Roper Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 14.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.47, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ROP has a quick ratio of 1.94, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 29.10% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- ROPER INDUSTRIES INC/DE has improved earnings per share by 11.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ROPER INDUSTRIES INC/DE increased its bottom line by earning $6.40 versus $5.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.87 versus $6.40).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Industrial Conglomerates industry. The net income increased by 12.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $165.70 million to $185.94 million.
- You can view the full Roper Industries Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.