- PLT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.2 million.
- PLT has traded 24,537 shares today.
- PLT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PLT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PLT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PLT: Plantronics, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets lightweight communications headsets, telephone headset systems, other communication endpoints, and accessories for the business and consumer markets under the Plantronics brand worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. PLT has a PE ratio of 21.1. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Plantronics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Plantronics has been 341,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Plantronics has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 1.98 and a short float of 3.9% with 4.99 days to cover. Shares are up 6.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Plantronics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PLT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- PLT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.35, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, PLT's share price has jumped by 31.31%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PLT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for PLANTRONICS INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.85%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 13.10% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Plantronics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.