- MMM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $323.2 million.
- MMM traded 21,847 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:15 AM.
- MMM is down 3.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MMM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MMM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MMM: 3M Company operates as a diversified technology company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. MMM has a PE ratio of 22.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate 3M a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for 3M has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. 3M has a market cap of $104.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.19 and a short float of 1.2% with 3.60 days to cover. Shares are down 0.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates 3M as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MMM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.13, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Industrial Conglomerates industry and the overall market, 3M CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for 3M CO is rather high; currently it is at 52.36%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.27% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $2,183.00 million or 9.53% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.90%.
- You can view the full 3M Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.