- GM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $524.6 million.
- GM traded 107,237 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:39 AM.
- GM is down 3.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GM: General Motors Company designs, builds, and sells cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. It operates through GM North America, GM Europe, GM International Operations, GM South America, and GM Financial segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.9%. GM has a PE ratio of 22.5. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate General Motors a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for General Motors has been 15.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. General has a market cap of $59.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 3.3% with 3.58 days to cover. Shares are up 6.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates General Motors as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Automobiles industry. The net income increased by 91.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,040.00 million to $1,987.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $3,164.00 million or 3.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -24.59%.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- GENERAL MOTORS CO has improved earnings per share by 15.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL MOTORS CO reported lower earnings of $1.64 versus $2.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.62 versus $1.64).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 11.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.