- XCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.7 million.
- XCO has traded 309,546 shares today.
- XCO is trading at 2.04 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- XCO is trading at a new high 3.23% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XCO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XCO: EXCO Resources, Inc., an independent oil and natural gas company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, exploitation, development, and production of onshore oil and natural gas properties with a focus on shale resource plays in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 9.8%. XCO has a PE ratio of 4.5. Currently there are no analysts that rate EXCO Resources a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for EXCO Resources has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EXCO has a market cap of $555.6 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.42 and a short float of 18.5% with 8.04 days to cover. Shares are down 14.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EXCO Resources as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.84 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, XCO has a quick ratio of 0.62, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $3.73 million or 97.07% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- XCO's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 62.89%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- EXCO RESOURCES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EXCO RESOURCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.44 versus $0.11 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 161.4% in earnings (-$0.27 versus $0.44).
- XCO, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 20.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 29.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full EXCO Resources Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.