- SIAL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $83.5 million.
- SIAL has traded 5,096 shares today.
- SIAL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SIAL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SIAL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SIAL: Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, a life science and high technology company, develops, manufactures, purchases, and distributes various chemicals, biochemicals, and equipment products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. SIAL has a PE ratio of 33.2. Currently there are no analysts that rate Sigma-Aldrich a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sigma-Aldrich has been 676,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sigma-Aldrich has a market cap of $16.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.28 and a short float of 0.9% with 1.59 days to cover. Shares are up 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sigma-Aldrich as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SIAL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SIAL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.02, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 56.03%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.86% is above that of the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Chemicals industry average. The net income increased by 1.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $131.00 million to $133.00 million.
- SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.17 versus $4.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.50 versus $4.17).
- You can view the full Sigma-Aldrich Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.