- BX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $224.9 million.
- BX traded 61,286 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:28 AM.
- BX is up 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BX: The Blackstone Group L.P. is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm also provides financial advisory services to its clients. It provides its services to public and corporate pension funds, academic, cultural, and charitable organizations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.2%. BX has a PE ratio of 15.9. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Blackstone Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Blackstone Group has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Blackstone Group has a market cap of $24.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.27 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.45 days to cover. Shares are up 21.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Blackstone Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BX's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 63.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for BLACKSTONE GROUP LP is rather high; currently it is at 55.18%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 25.24% is above that of the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 127.27% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 32.99% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- BLACKSTONE GROUP LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BLACKSTONE GROUP LP increased its bottom line by earning $2.59 versus $1.98 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.76 versus $2.59).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 137.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $265.62 million to $629.45 million.
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.