- PACW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.6 million.
- PACW has traded 154,121 shares today.
- PACW is trading at 5.66 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- PACW is trading at a new low 3.01% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PACW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PACW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PACW: PacWest Bancorp operates as the holding company for Pacific Western Bank that provides commercial banking products and services to individuals, professionals, and small to mid-sized businesses in the United States. It accepts demand, money market, and time deposits. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.3%. PACW has a PE ratio of 24.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate PacWest Bancorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for PacWest Bancorp has been 684,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. PacWest has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.46 and a short float of 6.5% with 11.25 days to cover. Shares are up 2.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PacWest Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PACW's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 178.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PACWEST BANCORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PACWEST BANCORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.97 versus $1.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.78 versus $1.97).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 2183.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.11 million to $71.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1242.72% to $184.85 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PACWEST BANCORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 318.99%.
- The gross profit margin for PACWEST BANCORP is currently very high, coming in at 92.46%. Regardless of PACW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PACW's net profit margin of 31.92% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full PacWest Bancorp Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.