- ALNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $75.7 million.
- ALNY has traded 21,639 shares today.
- ALNY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALNY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALNY: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes novel therapeutics based on RNA interference. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Alnylam Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Alnylam Pharmaceuticals has been 769,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alnylam has a market cap of $9.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.00 and a short float of 8.6% with 7.28 days to cover. Shares are up 20.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alnylam Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$36.64 million or 63.77% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 33.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$32.36 million to -$21.39 million.
- ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC has improved earnings per share by 45.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported poor results of -$5.14 versus -$1.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$3.01 versus -$5.14).
- This stock has increased by 63.58% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in ALNY do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.