- TSM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $278.8 million.
- TSM traded 32,775 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:43 AM.
- TSM is down 4.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSM: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited engages in the computer-aided design, manufacture, packaging, testing, sale, and marketing of integrated circuits and other semiconductor devices. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. TSM has a PE ratio of 19.6. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing has been 13.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Taiwan Semiconductor has a market cap of $121.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 3.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TSM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.75, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR MFG CO's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR MFG CO is currently very high, coming in at 73.28%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 36.14% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $4,539.92 million or 34.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.49%.
- You can view the full Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.