- HL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.7 million.
- HL has traded 1.9 million shares today.
- HL is down 3% today.
- HL was up 5.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HL: Hecla Mining Company, together with its subsidiaries, discovers, acquires, develops, produces, and markets precious and base metal deposits worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. HL has a PE ratio of 62.2. Currently there are no analysts that rate Hecla Mining a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hecla Mining has been 6.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hecla has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 7.4% with 5.44 days to cover. Shares are up 17.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hecla Mining as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 18.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.69, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- HECLA MINING CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HECLA MINING CO turned its bottom line around by earning $0.05 versus -$0.08 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 130.0% in earnings (-$0.02 versus $0.05).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HECLA MINING CO underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- In its most recent trading session, HL has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full Hecla Mining Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.