- HSP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $103.1 million.
- HSP has traded 643,662 shares today.
- HSP traded in a range 236.8% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.57.
- HSP traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 39 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 39 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HSP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HSP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HSP: Hospira, Inc. provides injectable drugs and infusion technologies to develop, manufacture, distribute, and market products worldwide. The company operates through Americas, EMEA, and APAC segments. HSP has a PE ratio of 45.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Hospira a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hospira has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hospira has a market cap of $15.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 1.5% with 1.87 days to cover. Shares are up 43.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hospira as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.17, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- HOSPIRA INC has improved earnings per share by 5.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HOSPIRA INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.95 versus -$0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.39 versus $1.95).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Pharmaceuticals industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 6.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $33.50 million to $35.80 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $327.10 million or 27.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.09%.
- You can view the full Hospira Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.