- SPG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $398.3 million.
- SPG has a PE ratio of 44.1.
- SPG is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- SPG is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- SPG is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- SPG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- SPG has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 1%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SPG: Simon Property Group, Inc. is an equity real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets across the globe. It engages in investment, ownership, management, and development of properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. SPG has a PE ratio of 44.1. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Simon Property Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Simon Property Group has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Simon Property Group has a market cap of $61.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.34 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.05 days to cover. Shares are up 8.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Simon Property Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 28.30% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SPG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 19.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.44 versus $3.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.93 versus $4.44).
- The gross profit margin for SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.65%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 29.94% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Simon Property Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.