- WDAY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $119.1 million.
- WDAY has traded 446,114 shares today.
- WDAY is trading at 2.13 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WDAY crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WDAY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WDAY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WDAY: Workday, Inc. provides enterprise cloud applications for global human resources and finance in the United States and internationally. It offers applications for customers to manage critical business functions that enable them to optimize their financial and human capital resources. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Workday a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Workday has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Workday has a market cap of $8.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.17 and a short float of 10.7% with 6.39 days to cover. Shares are up 2.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Workday as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry average. The net income has decreased by 6.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$55.98 million to -$59.47 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, WORKDAY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- WDAY has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 9.30% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- WORKDAY INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WORKDAY INC reported poor results of -$1.35 versus -$1.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.21 versus -$1.35).
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.44, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.19 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Workday Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.