- MAC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $233.8 million.
- MAC traded 31,190 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:12 AM.
- MAC is down 5.5% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MAC: The Macerich Company is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. MAC has a PE ratio of 8.2. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Macerich a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Macerich has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Macerich has a market cap of $13.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.80 and a short float of 1.6% with 0.66 days to cover. Shares are up 3.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Macerich as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MAC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, MACERICH CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 13685.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 43.42% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MAC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 886.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $144.88 million to $1,429.22 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $103.80 million or 11.39% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, MACERICH CO's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 13.05%.
- You can view the full Macerich Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.