Ultimate Software (Nasdaq: ULTI), a leading cloud provider of human capital management solutions, announced today that more than 1,800 of its customers attended the company's annual customer and partner conference, held March 24-27 at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas. The four-day customer conference offered more than 60 sessions enabling attendees to gain a greater understanding of the new technologies and trends that can impact their work and help them increase their effectiveness. With a record number of HR, payroll, and talent management professionals attending from diverse industries, Connections 2015 featured opportunities for global customers to expand their knowledge of Ultimate's technology and solutions, gain insight into HR and payroll issues and trends, learn from hands-on training, collaborate with other UltiPro users, and interact closely with company leadership and industry influencers. Connections 2015 is part of Ultimate's celebration of the 25 years it has dedicated to putting "People First" by building technology solutions that promote and celebrate the power of people. In welcoming attendees, Scott Scherr, president, CEO, and founder of Ultimate Software, stated, "We chose the theme 'Unlock Your People Potential' because we have known from the start that people are the most important resource in any business. By taking good care of its people, a company will inspire them to work with passion to deliver the best products and services for customers." Keynote speakers for this year's conference included Ultimate's CEO, Scott Scherr, Ultimate's Chief Technology Officer, Adam Rogers, as well as:
- Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Jr., celebrity athlete and entrepreneur, who shared his inspirational story about how he parlayed his skills and tenacity on the court into the business world, propelling his company to the status of #1 brand in urban America.
- Simon Sinek, renowned leadership expert and best-selling author, who revealed his insights on how leaders think, act, and communicate, and the environments in which people operate at their natural best.
- Erik Wahl, groundbreaking artist, author, and expert on creativity and innovation, who amazed attendees with his on-stage painting as metaphor, encouraging organizations toward profitability through innovations and superior levels of performance.
At this year's Connections conference, the following customers received a 2015 Innovation Award:
- Equinox Fitness: Success in Activating UltiPro/Best UltiPro Rollout to Employees
- West Virginia United Health System: Strategic Talent Management
- JM Family Enterprises, Inc.: Analytics for Measurable Returns
- OrthoCarolina, P.A.: Achievement in Technology
- UHY Advisors: Partnership
- Coastal Community Credit Union: Achievement in ROI and Cost Savings
- Armacell: Global Impact
- National Aquarium: Supporting and Meeting Major Corporate Goals
- Calgary Stampede: The Ultimate Game Changer
As a thank-you to customers for 25 years of support, Ultimate hosted a Customer Appreciation Party featuring Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Michael Bublé.In addition, representatives from the analyst and blogger community presented on HCM strategies and trends and were on hand to interact with attendees. "Ultimate has done a great job establishing themselves as the 'people company' in the cloud HCM space. From the opening keynote to hallway conversations with customers, executives, and Ultimate employees, its focus on people is clearly a big part of the company's long track record for success," said Christine Dover, research director at International Data Corporation (IDC). "The Ultimate 'People First' culture is prevalent throughout the event, from the keynotes through the sessions and social events." "Spending time with our customers and partners is always energizing for us, but especially in this, our silver anniversary year," said Scherr. "It was immensely gratifying to see such record turnout at this year's conference as we celebrate our 25th year of putting people first and demonstrating the power of people—from Ultimate's employees, customers, and partners, to the communities in which we live and work—in everything we do. We hope that every participant had a satisfying, rewarding, and memorable experience." About Ultimate Software Ultimate is a leading cloud provider of people management solutions, with more than 19 million people records in the cloud. Ultimate's award-winning UltiPro delivers HR, payroll, talent, and time and labor management solutions that connect people with the information they need to work more effectively. Founded in 1990, the company is headquartered in Weston, Florida, and employs more than 2,300 professionals. In 2015, for the fourth year in a row, Ultimate was ranked in the top 25 on FORTUNE's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For; and recognized for the third year in a row as one of Achievers' 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America. In 2014, Ultimate was ranked #8 on Forbes magazine's list of the 100 Most Innovative Growth Companies; and recognized as a "Leader" in Nucleus Research's HCM Technology Value Matrix. Ultimate has more than 2,800 customers with employees in 150 countries, including Bloomin' Brands, Culligan International, Major League Baseball, Pep Boys, Texas Roadhouse, and Yamaha Corporation of America. More information on Ultimate's products and services for people management can be found at http://www.ultimatesoftware.com. UltiPro is a registered trademark of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. All other trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners.