- MU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $580.5 million.
- MU traded 40,123 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:42 AM.
- MU is down 3.5% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MU: Micron Technology, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides semiconductor solutions worldwide. The company manufactures and markets dynamic random access memory (DRAM), NAND flash, and NOR flash memory products; and packaging solutions and semiconductor systems. MU has a PE ratio of 9.1. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Micron Technology a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Micron Technology has been 24.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Micron Technology has a market cap of $30.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.50 and a short float of 6.7% with 3.28 days to cover. Shares are down 20.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Micron Technology as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and solid stock price performance. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MU's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.49, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MU has a quick ratio of 1.56, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Micron Technology Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.