- ANAC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.3 million.
- ANAC has traded 76,263 shares today.
- ANAC is trading at 4.07 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ANAC is trading at a new high 3.02% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANAC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANAC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ANAC: Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel small-molecule therapeutics derived from its boron chemistry platform. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Anacor Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Anacor Pharmaceuticals has been 541,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Anacor has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.02 and a short float of 19.2% with 6.03 days to cover. Shares are up 58.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Anacor Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ANAC's share price has jumped by 158.14%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- ANAC's revenue growth trails the industry average of 34.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC swung to a loss, reporting -$2.07 versus $1.82 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.55 versus -$2.07).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 107.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $130.75 million to -$10.12 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Anacor Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.