- AVGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $322.2 million.
- AVGO has a PE ratio of 78.6.
- AVGO is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- AVGO is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- AVGO is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- AVGO is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- AVGO has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 1.3%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AVGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AVGO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AVGO: Avago Technologies Limited designs, develops, and supplies semiconductor devices with a focus on analog III-V based products. The company operates through four segments: Wireless Communications, Wired Infrastructure, Enterprise Storage, and Industrial & Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. AVGO has a PE ratio of 78.6. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Avago Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Avago Technologies has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Avago has a market cap of $33.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.36 and a short float of 1.1% with 0.95 days to cover. Shares are up 32.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Avago Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AVGO's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 133.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 161.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $134.00 million to $351.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 110.04% to $481.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.69%.
- The gross profit margin for AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LTD is rather high; currently it is at 61.68%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 21.18% trails the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 130.18% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 104.99% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Avago Technologies Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.