Teradyne, Inc (NYSE: TER) announced the availability of the IP750Ex-HD to increase the parallel test capability for both wafer and final test of image sensors using new, High Density (HD) instruments. These instruments are also compatible with over 4,000 installed J750 and IP750 test systems providing added flexibility to test system operators. The IP750Ex-HD can test not just image sensors, but microcontrollers and a wide range of mobile connectivity devices. In today's production environment with volatile unpredictable demand loading, the IP750Ex-HD's flexibility helps ensure high test center utilization. New IP750Ex-HD capabilities include:
- HSD800 Multifunction Instrument. A third generation digital instrument providing 128 high speed digital channels, scalable to 2,048 channels per system. The instrument also introduces DIB Access, an innovative feature allowing unique tester resources including High Voltage and Digital Source and Signal Capture (DSSC) pins to be easily connected without external hardware. DIB Access reduces load board complexity, shortening time-to-market and simplifying concurrent test to increase overall test cell throughput.
- ICMD. A new LVDS image capture instrument supporting MIPI CSI-2 D-PHY 1.5Gbps speed at 1,2,4 Data Lane CIS and Serial 1 to 16 Lane protocol support capability. This second generation instrument with 24 differential input pairs and available 128M pixel capture memory supports leading image sensors used for smart phones, media tablets and DSC/DSLR. The instrument also offers the software feature "Protocol Add-in" for custom-made data protocols. The ICMD is completely hardware and software compatible with its predecessor "ICUL1G" to minimize test program conversion time.
- IG-XL® 3.60 Software. Mature and user friendly test program development software platform.
- Zero-footprint, Air-cooled System. Minimizes floor space.
- Compatible Operation. System Architecture maintains pin and program compatibility with existing IP750Ex Device Programs.