- DRC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.0 million.
- DRC has traded 205,718 shares today.
- DRC traded in a range 214.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.65.
- DRC traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 42 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 42 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DRC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DRC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DRC: Dresser-Rand Group Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, sells, and services rotating equipment solutions to the oil, gas, chemical, petrochemical, process, power generation, military, and other industries worldwide. DRC has a PE ratio of 51.1. Currently there are no analysts that rate Dresser-Rand Group a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dresser-Rand Group has been 890,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dresser-Rand Group has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 0.52 and a short float of 8% with 7.57 days to cover. Shares are down 99.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dresser-Rand Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 40.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $32.80 million to $46.20 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 39.53% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 44.39% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 39.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $1.60 versus $2.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.55 versus $1.60).
- DRC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 14.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- DRC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.83 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.95 is weak.
- You can view the full Dresser-Rand Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.